January 1, 2016

Trekking Blues

Clouds of snow get trampled
And crushed crystals smile back at me through the moonlight
The majestic mountains stay hidden behind
The sly curtain of the night

Distant heads give way to the naked eye eventually,
As a slight glimmer of Gold signals the crack of dawn
The sun in the east and the moon in the west
Both greet each other with their mighty pride

Half the sky turns bright orange
While the other half remains a darker shade of blue
I smile because, now, the snow is just right
It's neither too hard and neither too soft
But a mesmerizing shade of a golden hue
Where my shoes can leave an imprint
One that might not stay for long
But this walk, that started in the silvery dark of the night and ended with the break of the golden dawn,
Will leave a permanent imprint in my mind, my heart and my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment