October 13, 2015

I'm a Woman in the 21st Century

No I am not going to cuss out loud
I'm a girl and I'm not supposed to 
Do you think I am un-cultured?
Do you think my parents haven't taught me manners?

Of course i wont wear short shorts
So what if it's hot?
I can always use the fan
Why would i expose my legs?

You think I talk to boys?
Are you mad?
What will people think of me?
I am not a slut. 

I can't smoke a cigarette
Not because it's harmful
But because
I won't be marriageable anymore

I need to make sure I don't get raped
Because it will be my fault if I do
I will have kissed a stranger then
Arranged marriage won't be an option then

The society needs to me study
While being a good girl
Get a job and be independent
Because I need to be married off

After marriage I need not work
because the man of the family will
I need to breed kids and raise them
That's the purpose of my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment